May 22, 2009

Kool klan

Am surprising myself with this sudden renewal of blogging (I had failed, yet again, to be loyal to my regular blogger promise). But at times, you're bothered or excited by something or some person and you just have have have to share your feelings. With just a maid and my 8-month old son around....and a husband who (like one of my friend's recently said) prefers to tune out his ears when I talk about new friends, happenings, outings, etc.... I seek refuge here in my ever-faithful blog. Even if I don't care about it for a year, it won't make a sour face or give a study class on the do's and dont's.
To what actually thrilled me. Our friend's family has a annual get together function- a weeklong affair-aptly titled "Kool Klan" This is known to be non-stop fun and nonsense...loads of booze and good food. This time we were invited for what they called as the Kroscar Nite. The men turn women and vice versa. It was maddening and their spirit--both young and old--is commendable. At this time and age, when all are busy with their work, their friends, and have no time for family...this is one family that's hatke. The entire jing-bang comes from across the globe (well, almost) and this one week is a celebration of their relationship. 
It just got me wondering. I am a single child, my husband has one sister. We, at least, had cousins and extended family for some togetherness effect. But my son...will they ever experience this feeling of fun with family. Hope he at least finds good company to share his fun and excitement and woes with... 

No comments: