December 24, 2009

Welcoming Uncle Santa

Jingle Bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way.... Oh what fun it is to ride on a one-horse open sleigh... And oh, what fun it is. It's Christmas eve. I am not in one of those countries where the spirit of Christmas can be seen in every home, every street, every shop and every person. It's winter time, and it's often a White Christmas dotted with decors that come in reds, greens, blues and golds. I am in a tiny state (by area) in a small country (only by area again), where Christmas is more a holiday than a celebration. I am not born into a Christian-faith family. I have never attended a Christmas mass. So what. I enjoy Christmas in its true sense, and I celebrate the spirit of Christmas the way I can. Now with a toddler son... I try to imbibe the values and spirit of the season to my son. He's too young to understand the concept pf Santa Claus but he sure is enjoying the cakes and the decorations :). Say Merry Christmas or Feliz Nevidad...the spirit of X'mas is the same across countries, across faiths.

No comments: